AGE DISCRIMINATION LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST HBC MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC.
On behalf of our client, an Age Discrimination case was filed in the United StatesDistrict Court against HBC Management, Inc., a company located in Hawaii that provides armed security services throughout the United States, including New Jersey. (Click here for copy of lawsuit).
Our client, age 54, alleges that he was denied employment opportunities because of his age. His qualifications include the following:
• Currently afederal police officer for past 15 years
• Possession of firearm licenses
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Sociology
• Associate in Science Degree in Liberal Arts
• U.S. Navy Veteran- Chief Petty Officer
• Various medals, awards, certifications and recognitions from U.S. Navy
• Certifications by New Jersey State Police.
• Qualified in use of basic and advanced weapons
In December 2016, HBC Management Services placed an advertisement for an armed security officer, with the following qualification:
• 2 Years experience working as a guard, police or military.
• Active Secret Clearance (preferrable)
• Possess a valid drivers license
• U.S. Citizen
• High School diploma
• Able to Pass Psychological Examination
• Medical Evaluation
• Drug Testing
• Honorably discharged veteran
• Weapons Training & Test
• Physical Fitness test.
Our client alleged that altough he was well-qualified for the advertised position, after completing the application and submitting his resume, HBC Management Services never contacted again. All advertised positions were later filled by HBC Management.
Age discrimination is very common. That is why the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD) makes it unlawful for an employer to use age as a factor in its decision not to hire or select a candidate for an open position.
Kindly contact us at 201-222-0123 or firstname.lastname@example.org is you have any information relevant to this case.
Call or text us for a Free Initial Personalized Evaluation or emailus your inquiry